Monday, October 3, 2011

Of Needs, Wants, & Not Being Forgotten

A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful, #1)A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten...

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely.

Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.



*Spoiler Alert...Low Level*


Suzanne Young's book speaks for itself: Beautiful. I was reading it and crying because the plot, the characters, the story, EVERYTHING was beautifully written. A Need So Beautiful touched me in a way that a I couldn't help but be pulled into Charlotte's story. It was totally worth reading, and I wish I could keep the book at my house without the library noticing LOL (but my library probably has ninjas doing the dirty work). 

I need to get this off my chest: SUZANNE IF YOU'RE READING THIS RIGHT NOW I'M SENDING YOU A VIRTUAL HUG FULL OF TEARS BECAUSE YOUR BOOK WAS AMAZING! I cried not only because of what Charlotte was going through, but for the people who she was helping. I can't help myself so I have to say that the need with the little girl and the mom who was molested by her step father was so touching. I cried when I read the flashback of the woman's life and all that she had to deal with. That entire scene showed that Charlotte's gift is about what's best for the person, not what's right and wrong judicially.


The plot of the book is so beautiful that if there were writing issues I probably wouldn't have noticed them. But, seeing as there were none I didn't have to worry. The details of the scenes, the needs, the moments, everything play out in your mind like a movie on a projector. I never felt like I wasn't apart of the story. Each emotion that a character felt, whether it be embarrassment, worry, pain, I felt it reflected on my facial expression and my actions while reading. I'm an action reader, meaning I tend to act out little things like sighs and gasp from the book while reading, so every time Charlotte was upset so was I and I LOVED that experience. I recommend that anyone who loves being apart of a book in every emotional way read A Need So Beautiful because it does that and so much more, and if you don't cry at least once then you just need to read it some more until you do :). 


Overall, this book rated:
- Gilbert
P.S. - I wish I could rate this book higher but this is the highest that I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...