Sunday, July 10, 2011

Of Memories Remembered, Forgotten, & All in Between

Evercrossed by Elizabeth Chandler 


It’s been a year since Ivy’s boyfriend, Tristan, died. They’ve both moved on—Tristan to the other side of the afterlife, and Ivy to sweet, dependable Will. Now Ivy’s heading to Cape Cod, hoping to leave the horror of last summer behind. She wants nothing more than to lie on the beach, sip lemonade, and hang out with her friends.
But then a car crash ends Ivy’s life.
As she floats to the beyond, looking down on the life she’s left behind, Tristan breathes life back into her with a passionate kiss. She wakes up in the hospital, surrounded by Will and her family, but all she can think about is the love that she lost.
But memories aren’t all that’s come back from the past. And this time, Ivy’s not sure love will be enough to save her.

Oh my gosh; that's all I can say about Evercrossed. It was so good that I read it in like 2 hours! And that's a record for me. Elizabeth Chandler has brought back our favorite true-lovers Tristan and Ivy, but this time there's a TWIST. Duh duh dummmmm. 


Ivy is with Beth (one of her best friends), Will (her new boyfriend), Kelsey (Beth's cousin), and Dhanya (a friend of Kelsey's). They are all working at Beth and Kelsey's aunt Cindy's cottage in Cape Cod for the summer. At first, I was like oh, whatever, I really don't care; but then, I was like OMG, WTFC (what the fudge chocolate), and questioning everything I thought I knew about anything! 

The prologue gets your heart racing, the first chapter makes you really wonder, and everything following is like adding mystery to mayhem. I felt like I was read about the game of CLUE. I was constantly like: It was Beth in a room with a spirit, or Tristan reaching out to Ivy in the form of randomness. I was involved in the unraveling of the story and that keep me on the edge of my seat (more like on the brink of falling off my bed). But, it wasn't just the story that was amazing, it was the characters, and everyone knows that fantastic stories don't succeed without equally fantastic characters! :D

So, with that said, let us get down to the backbone. There was Ivy, Will, Beth, the mentioning/spiritual presence of Gregory, and a little Tristan (aww why not much more...or was there...you'll have to read to find out) of course. Ivy's mom Maggie and little brother Phillip show up briefly as well as Lacey Lovette, the spirit from the first book. Then, the new characters Kelsey and Dhanya the party girls of the story; keeping everyone on their toes and causing chain reactions of problems (like what happens to Ivy and Beth.. involuntarily of course). The few secondary characters that pop up often enough to be mentioned: Max, Bryan, Aunt Cindy, Chase, and some others. But, the suspense comes from one man; a man with no memory; a man who is more than he seems and doesn't know why, or who he is. GUY. Yes, his name is Guy because he doesn't know his name. 

Guy and Ivy meet in the hospital....wait! I shouldn't be telling you this! I'll spoil everything, so you MUST read the book to find out what happens. But, I won't leave you too high and dry. Just know that Guy is more than meets the eye and its worth reading the entire story to find out why. Don't even skip to the end because this story is more about the suspense of figuring out if your right and won't be awesome if you peek. 

Lastly, I'd like to thank Ms. Elizabeth Chandler for continuing Tristan and Ivy's story. I thought it was over, but you've added on. The first ended, no cliffhanger just satisfaction, but I never thought of what would happen the year after everything that happened. You surprised everyone with this, and I'm glad you did. :D

This book was rated:
- Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...