Monday, January 16, 2012

Of Titans, the Underworld, & Surprises

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Kate Winters has won immortality. 

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it. 

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.


All I can say is OH MY GOSH! Aimee filled this book to the top with surprises and unexpected turn of events! I thought I was having a heart attack the entire time. If it wasn't Calliope causing problems, it was Persephone and Kate trying to figure out their new, rocky relationship as sisters. And don't even get me started on HENRY! Gosh, I wanted to hit him one minute, and love him seconds later. So many conflicting emotions; I totally understand why Kate was confused about their relationship the ENTIRE BOOK...Henry makes you want to strangle him.  -___-
As for me, while Henry was acting ridiculous, sometimes I wanted to shake Kate. I wanted to look her dead in the eyes and say "Look everyone is telling you the same thing! Take some time, don't jump to conclusions-your life is super stressful at the moment so stop assuming the worst!" But you know, that's mostly Henry's fault so whatever. And might I add- Calliope is craz-ay. I enjoyed getting to know the other characters more in this book; you learn more about everyone, which is refreshing. If you love your mythology, you'll love this.

Aimee, let us discuss the ending of this book. I WILL NOT SPOIL the ending, because it is to much of a surprise to reveal and NO ONE SHOULD SKIP TO THE END! It would just ruin the affect of what happens. Anyway, Aimee I honestly LOVED and HATED the end. It was such a great ending, but it made me yearn for the next book so much it hurt. It's like your a diabolical evil genius who is also very amazing as well. I'm not sure if I want to demand answers, cry, or curl up into a fetal position. You are definitely making me feel like Kate and you're Henry, making me love and hate you at the same time. Please finish the next book so that I can read it BEFORE I pull all my hair out. Seriously. 

Goddess Interrupted is one of those books that is better than the first book, Goddess Test. I can't really pinpoint what exactly made this book better, maybe it was the ending, but it made me anxious to see that Aimee does for the next book. If only I could just read that one now, then I would be in a better mood.....SIGH oh well. Anyway, everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY should read this book because Aimee stepped up her game to like NFL Playoffs level. :) 

Overall, this book rated:
- Gilbert & Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...