Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Of Paris, Reverants, & Love

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)Die For Me by Amy Plum
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love? 

I have one word to say.....PARIS. That's all you need to know and it basically sums up the ambiance in the book. The city of lights & love, and apparently good looking immortals as far as Amy is telling us. 

I'm down for some hot men running around DYING FOR ME and the other common folks. I mean that's like the best thing ever to be saved by a hot guy with a flirty personality (if you haven't read the book I will just say that it is full of imaginary eye candy yum). I'm a fan of Ambrose and Jules personally because they are all flirty, manly, HOT, and funny, but since the story revolves around Kate and Vincent I'll faun over him too.

First off, Amy, you are a genius for this who you die for someone and reanimate three days later! TOTALLY COOL! I can see myself now: Save a person, die, lay down for three days, and wake up saying something like "Gucci! Where the food at?" I am definitely jealous that I wasn't in this story. Kate was the typical overly affected teen after tragedy, but she had depth. Like lays upon lays of depth. Vincent, was just pure sigh worthy, of course. Kinda broody in the beginning, but then he was like to perfect to be true amazing! Georgia is and will always be the COOLEST SISTER EVER! Basically ALL the characters were great, even stuffy Jean-Baptiste.

RANDOM SIDE NOTE: THE COVER IS BEAUTIFUL AND I WANT THAT DRESS :)

It was such a good read, but it was also a laid back kind of read. One that you don't realize you have been reading it for hours. Like I started the book at like 9:30 am and finished at 12:20 am (there were brakes because I had class and eat and did basic human necessities). I lost myself in Paris, and I think that was Amy's goal. She talked about all the different places, inserted little facts about this place or that, which kept the reader interested not only in the characters, but in the place. I think if anyone wants to fall head first into Paris they should read Die For Me. Real. 

Overall, this book rated:
- Gilbert 

THANKS AMY FOR THIS TRIP TO PARIS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...