Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Of War, Fey, & Romance

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
"New York Times bestseller..."




My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.







No. No. No. Nope. Na Nuh. WHY?! *sob* Really Julie Kagawa? Really? *teary eyed look* Why did you do it? My heart is sad...and slightly bitter.


    Okay so  I'm going to try and prevent myself form ranting while I write this.  I've liked Meghan- she's grown a lot since Iron King. She has made some pretty tough decisions and I like her spunk. I also just ADORE Grim. Seriously, how can you not? That cat sith is pure genius. But I am very disgruntled. Ash is a great guy prime example of the dark, brooding tough guy with a troubled past who falls madly in love with the strong female narrator. Whereas Puck is the wonderful, hilarious, best-friend-who's-there-for-you-and-is better-than-that-guy-who-broke-your-heart guy....I think it's safe to say I'm Team Puck. But seriously! Puck came back from the dead for her and he's just so wonderful. He's the guy I would want if I was Meghan, but I'm not and she can't see the error of her ways. It just gets to me that she chooses this dude who's the fey version of Edward Cullen (it's mostly true when you think about it) instead of the faithful, funny best friend. Hmmm...I guess I went off on a rant there...sorry for my disgruntled-ness. I will now go sulk in the corner pretending Meghan chose Puck and that I live in Disney World.

I think it's safe to say that my counterpart had issues with Iron Queen. We agree when it comes to some things, like how SUPER-DUPER amazing Grim is. I mean that cat is like genius and diabolical ideas all wrapped into one! We also agree that Meghan is such a strong young woman! She has showed that she can be more than a pretty face and a damsel-in-distress. Now, the problem comes when we discuss the male leads, Ash and Puck. I thought that Puck was awesome. I mean he has always been there for Meghan, watching out for her, waiting for her to notice that he wanted to be more than friends, but he lost my support when he did the worst thing possible to Meghan. But..Ash came and swept her away! Ash is great, no matter what the above says. He has that bad boy, somber, melancholy, I-like-you-but-now-I-don't-like-you-but-I-still-love-you thing going for him. It's what draws Meghan in and makes her so interested in him. She will always see Puck as just her best friend. I guess I'm officially choosing....Team Ash. Seriously, Ash always comes back for her, even when there is so many things against him! And he chose Meghan over his entire court; that's just LOVE! And he is totally not like Edward Cullen, who can't even finish a sentence under 5 minutes.


Overall, this book was rated:
- Gilbert & Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...