Monday, January 14, 2013

Of Final Battles, Death, & Ultimate Decisions

Goddess Inheritance 
by Aimee Carter


Love or life.

Henry or their child.

The end of her family or the end of the world.

Kate must choose.



During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can’t stop her—until Cronus offers a deal.
In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he’ll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.
With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.
Even if it costs her eternity.


AIMEE CARTER YOU SLAY ME!!!!


As soon as I started reading I was crying! It was absolutely amazing. Actually, that's a lie because in reality as soon as I finally found the ARC I was crying. These are the emotions you cause Aimee; insta-tears. 
I couldn't hold it together at all the entire time I was reading the book. There was so many heart stopping moments that I'm sure I had heart failure and went into cardiac arrest. My life was ending and beginning so many times that I almost wished I could stop reading. You know its a FANTASTIC book when you wish you could stop reading because its so amazing that it hurts you. I have NEVER experienced such stress and dispair just from reading a book. I had to wait a month just to recover from what happened to me in the 7 hours of nonstop reading I did to finish the book. I work at a book store where books are everywhere and after reading the book every time I passed by teen paranormal romance and happened to see the spin of your other books I wanted to cry. You caused so many emotions in just that many pages of a book that I couldn't recover swiftly.

I don't even think I can write about or hint at anything that happened in the book because it will spoil the essence that is you absolute genius. I will say though, that after that kill blow of a teaser at the end ofGoddess Interrupted that there would be more Henry POV but there sadly wasn't. If its okay with you I give my permission to write every book over in Henry POV. It shouldn't take you long, your virtually a genius anyway. You book is like a literary drug; I think I was addicted to the series because I stalked NetGalley every day from the time Goddess Interrupted was released. The craftsmanship in your writing style is absolute perfection and the way you form your cliffhangers leaves the reader unsatisfied with pleasure. I'm starting to believe that on some neurological level your books made love to me. I wanted everything I was reading, but when I was dissatisfied or left pinning for more I found a sort of soul touching need to keep on reading. I don't know how to explain this without sounding creepy, but its like your books made love to the reader in me, feeding ever fantasy I have ever wanted an author to touch when I read their work. And even though the series is finished (I think) I'm left wanting more, but I'm so satisfied at the same time. It's like you've quenched and unquenchable thirst or something. I have never in my life of reading been this content after reading a series, and I was kind of close after Hunger Games
Thank you Aimee, from the bottom of my heart for giving me literary essence at its finest. 

I can't even give you a rating because there is none personally that dignifies how much the book touched my very being. 


- Gilbert

2 comments:

  1. WOW and i thought i was obssessed lol i cant wait any longer :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I beat the super obsessed record lol

      Gilbert

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...